Monday, February 25, 2008

I’m coming home.

After a lot of thought, I have decided to come home permanently. I'll be home sometime next week.

What made me decide this? It's not the teaching, because it's gotten easier and I'm enjoying the kids. Even though they can be annoying and really slow, they're cute and they make me laugh. So it's not that. I'm lonely and unhappy here because I miss my family and friends a whole lot more than I thought I would. It was not an easy decision to make, but I know what I'm doing, and this is what's best for me right now. I have changed so much for the better in the past four months and even more so in the past few weeks.

When I'm home, I will apply for jobs, continue to do volunteer work, and study for the GRE. And eat a LOT of Mexican food. So, that's the end of my blog. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I know you wouldn't come home without it being the right choice for you. I look forward to seeing you!! (This is probably a good time to admit that I still have not had a burrito in your honor. I did have cabeza tacos for you though.)

Anonymous said...

Jenifer. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck with everything.

Tomo from San Francisco