Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Last night in America.

Hi again. Tomorrow we are taking off for Africa after a what-looks-to-be chaotic round of checking out of the hotel and then getting about fifteen shots each. Ouch. I am not looking forward to that. Then at 5pm (DC time) we will fly to South Africa, which is a 15.5 hour flight. We'll stay overnight in Johannesburg and then fly to Windhoek (Namibia's capital) the next day. So there I'll be, happy to finally be accomplishing a longtime goal, excited for a new adventure and very, very sad to be so many miles from home and from you (assuming you're a family member or friend of mine). I'll post again when I get a chance.
(I was joking about the 15 shots. I really have no idea how many we're getting, but I'm hoping it is 1-3.)

If you want to mail me something, please email me for my mailing address. If you don't have my email address, please send me a comment. Normally I'd just post the address here but I'm paranoid about those kinds of things. Also, I should be getting a cell phone shortly after arriving in Namibia so I will be happy to share that number when I have it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hooray for adventure!! You will have a blast!! The computer lab is cold and lonely, but I'm sure it is nice and cozy-warm in Namibia so don't miss the lame old computer lab. Have fun!! Send me your address, but I am pretty sure I can't afford to send you an international letter until after May. You understand. :)

Bhumika said...

you know i finally made the connection to your new tat and the title of your blog: a red ballon. whats the name of the book again?

Anyways, i miss you so much! :( you better keep in touch.. or else. ;) and shots are so bad! but i prefer to drink a shot ;) har har har

Unknown said...

We miss you already!

You are on an adventure of a life time.

Remember we are going to have coffe as soon s you return.